Tuesday 8 January 2008

My room

The family I am staying with are very nice. The lady of the house is Cori and the head of the house is Otto. They are old hands at having people stay with them, you feel it is a well run machine. Otto has shown me the photograph album from previous guests and the photographs that they send to him when back home. I was pleased to understand from my limited Spanish that an earlier volunteer had celebrated Nov 5th by making a guy and mini bonfire in the gardin. However, my explanation of how Henry 8th had six wives came out the following day that thhere is a religion in England that allows many wives. Do not ask me how we got onto such subjects. The garden is lovely and they have two budgies in a cage in the garden which I think is a shame but at least it is larger than many other cages I have seen.

My room is quite large and I was delighted upon arriving that I needed something that Sam had bought for me for Christmas. It was a plug. Gladly I have not needed the water purifying tablets yet as all the water is bottled.

Cori had me making tortillas but I was useless, apparantely I did not have enough water on my hands and then my hands were too wet. As I write this a large firework has exploded which seems to happen regularly.

No comments: