Tuesday 29 January 2008

My class

Well, here are pictures of my ninos. They are my class until "proper" school starts on Feb 11 and then there will be more kids but the current plan is that I will continue with them. They are first grade but to go into second grade they need to do sums with one carry and borrow and to be able to write a simple story and read well. Some have already been in this grade for than one year already. Of course I already love them all and want to bring them home with me.


JoseLouis. We think he is dyslexic so his reading is not good enough to move on. I certainly do not have the skills to change this so it is sad. He is 10. He is the cheeky person but sadly he thinks it is cool to be the big person in the class even if it first grade.



Oto. He is the best at doing the sums but his writing is small and spaces between the words are nonexistant. Sounds familiar to me. He wins most times when we play pairs as he has a good memory. He often says No Puedo (I cant) but I have to say Si Puedo.


Delsi. She is very studious and also is determined.



Elsa. She is quiet but loves to giggle. She is not bad at her sums also.


Daniel. He is a bit shy at first but when he settles in he can be a bit of a handful. He does like a cuddle though. We spend most of today's recreation throwing and catching a ball. Because they do not get enough play when they are small, some of their coordination is a bit off.






Ada. She is an enigma to me. She gets absorbs by certain books and loves to keep looking at them. They are books with big detailed pictures. Her reading is poor and I need to work on that and she does not have a clue with sums, 3 plus 1 gets her guessing. When the class did a difficult word search she was totally absorbed and kept getting it out to do when I was trying to get her to do her sums.




Elsa number 2. You can imagine the confusion with two elsas and a delsi in the class! Like all the rest she is charming and irrestible.






Well then, thats my class. I expect I might get boring and start writing about individual children so at least you can put a face to the name.
I am planning on printing out the pictures so that they can draw their self portrait and write some positive adjectives about themselves and they can take this home with them.
I think I am the lucky one to be here.





No comments: