Friday 25 January 2008

My first week teaching

Well that is my first week done of having my own class. I have to say it is pretty scary having 16 eyes looking at you and not speaking any Spanish. There is no chance that I can make it up as I go along so I have to prepare the lessons thoroughly and if there is something I need to explain then I need to script it out as well. And when I write something on the board and I spell it wrong Delsi will come and correct my spelling! I am not sure who is teaching who! Anyway, one of my plans for next week is to take a photo of them all, print them out and get them to draw a self portrait so I will upload photos of them then. Yesterday, I had a girl and it was her very first day at "big school", so there were some tears. I now find I am wondering around trying to think of ideas to entertain the kids and to introduce literacy and numeracy as a by product. Well, it certainly is a big chance from having drs software matters cluttering up my mind.

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: