Tuesday 4 March 2008

Charlotte

A couple of weeks ago, Charlotte left to be the project coordinator in Antigua, Guatemala. The school there is run and staffed entirely by GVI unlike here in Honduras where GVI work with the state school, albeit adding extra facilities. The school in the community outside Antigua is much larger 150 pupils so it should be a "promotion" for Charlotte but she did not want to go. Honduras was her baby and she has worked very hard to establish the secondary school that GVI now run in the afternnoon. My spanish is not that good to teach to secondary pupils (phew). The secondary pupils range in age from 13 to 24 as there are some young adults who want to take the chance to improve their education. I am glad that there is somebody here to give them that opportunity. Anyway, back to Charlotte. I will miss her as she was a good friend as well as my "boss". I will always remember her mantra to me, "you will be fine" when talking about teaching and I guess she was right. Anyway, she always proved to be rather elusive when it came to photos so about the only decent shot I have is of her contemplating leaving or her split ends!


No comments: